Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Semi-NO!!!!!!

Amazing as Trebek. Iconic in Anchorman. Easily the best part of Zoolander. Should stop making movies. These are all phrases I use to describe Will Farrell. I'm already sick of teasers for his new movie Semi-Pro and with all of the products he's schilling, he's virtually omnipresent.

Will jumped the shark with the dinner prayer in Talladega Nights,
 and his cameo in Wedding Crashers is probably his last new role I will see until I have kids. I refused to see the passively homo-erotic fiasco with Nepolean Dynomite, and I will mercilously ridicule the decision of anyone I know to see Semi-Pro. Also, their opinion of what is funny will come to mean ZERO to me.

Why all of the Haterade, you ask? Well, if you asked me for directions to the nearest gas station and I provided them- would you repeatedly ask me the same question hoping for the same answer? But that's what Willdo does every time you ask him to entertain you because he plays the same guy every time!  He is always an overzealous, cold sounding, clueless, compensating asshole who yells at akward times. The only original movie Will Pickle stared in was Stranger Than Fiction.

I wish Chris Farley was still alive- his death was a tragedy and a clear reminder that fame hides flaws. Like Willer Bee, Farley was comedically brillant, lovable, oddly shaped, and very smart, but career-wise he was headed for this fate. Will Farrell should learn from those before him and find a new angle...and if he can stomach the Scientology recruitment pitch, maybe take some career advice from Travolta.

No comments: